We’re excited to announce the debut of a new wrestling option in Louisburg, the Wildcat Wrestling Club!
The objective of the Wildcat Wrestling Club is to provide the youth of Louisburg with the opportunity to enter into the sport of wrestling in an environment that is conducive to fun, exercise, learning the fundamentals of the sport, and creating opportunities for all athletes involved.
Wrestlers who join the Wildcat Wrestling Club will join a club that is vertically aligned with the philosophies and techniques of the Louisburg Middle School and Louisburg High School programs.
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the formation of this new club:
- What is the “Wildcat Wrestling Club”? The Wildcat Wrestling Club is a new club for the youth of Louisburg. It is a chartered club with USA-Wrestling, and it is sponsored by the Carpe Diem Wrestling Club of Kansas. The Wildcat Wrestling Club is now accepting registrations for the upcoming wrestling season. Click here to download the club flyer. We are committed to providing a youth wrestling program that stresses wrestling in a positive atmosphere, emphasizing the importance of fun with the sport while learning the fundamentals and getting exercise. It is our goal to introduce the sport of wrestling to our members in an exciting and fun atmosphere.
- Who should join the WWC? The club is geared toward Louisburg students grades K-6 who are interested in learning the sport of wrestling.
- How much does it cost? Club membership for the 2016-17 season is $20, which includes USA-Wrestling membership, practice facility usage fee, and club t-shirt. Checks should be made payable to the Carpe Diem Wrestling Club of Kansas.
- When are practices? This season, we will hold four practices: Tuesdays 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, and 2/7, and practices will be held in the Louisburg High School wrestling room. Practice will begin at 6:00pm and end by 7:30pm. Additional practices may be added based on interest and facility availability. Wrestlers will need to practice in shorts and t-shirts (no jeans or cut-offs), and they must have wrestling shoes or clean tennis shoes.
- What about tournaments? The Wildcat Wrestling Club tournament schedule will be determined as we get closer to the start of the season. Should a club member decide he/she wants to compete in a tournament, the parents will need to notify the coaching staff. Wrestling shoes, headgear, and singlet are required for tournament participation.
- Who are the club’s coaches? The club will be led by Bobby Bovaird, head wrestling coach at Louisburg High School, Shawn Crossley, a 1998 LHS graduate, and Bradley Trageser, a 2016 LHS graduate. Any parent who is interested in becoming a coach with the Wildcat Wrestling Club can contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org. All WWC coaches must pass a background check every two years, become members of USA-Wrestling, and complete the Bronze-Level coaching certification program.
- What future options does the Wildcat Wrestling Club have for its members? This season is the inaugural season for the club, but big plans are set for the future. We will have an operating board of directors and a unified coaching staff with common goals and visions for the sport of wrestling in Louisburg.
- How can I continue to get information about the club? You can contact the club at email@example.com to receive more information or to ask questions. Regular updates will be posted on our club Facebook page (www.facebook.com/cdwck/), through email, or on this website.
While the Wildcat Wrestling Club is an independent organization, unaffiliated with USD 416, it is sponsored by the Carpe Diem Wrestling Club of Kansas, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose specific purpose is to provide opportunity for youth to participate in youth sports with a focus on character development, personal health, and skill development.
Click here to download a PDF of the club registration, and mail to to 1311 N 1st St. East, Louisburg, KS 66053. Registration deadline is December 1, 2016.